Applications are invited from recent graduates who are willing to join us full-time as Equity Research Associates. Selected candidates will receive an opportunity to work on one of our marquee projects supporting one of the most recognized Investment Banking firms in the world. You will also receive an array of benefits including health insurance, 401K plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid vacation, ongoing training & development, life insurance coverage and relocation assistance in addition to unmatched opportunities for advancement.
Summary: The position is for an associate who will work with the equity research analysts (client) covering stocks in Automobile sector. The support will be concurrent and on a real-time basis.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance work for sector research, preparing regular financial products such as sector valuations, sector notes and market commentaries
- Maintenance work for company research, preparing regular financial products such as company valuations, company notes and peer-companies commentaries
- Maintaining sector databases and analyzing sector KPIs and interpreting their read-through for the sector
- Proficiency in market databases such as Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, DataStream etc.
- Prepare marketing presentations/statistical exhibits for analysts (client)
- Gather raw data/news from sources specified by the analyst
Building company/sector models and databases
- Financial modeling and forecasting using methods and assumptions such as doing revenue forecasts, cost/margin analysis using industry practices and applying intellectual decisions
- Data analysis and handling bespoke client requests using own judgment and knowledge
- Assist analysts during earnings season by participating in conference calls and attending investor meets and make necessary adjustment to company models/valuation projections
- Sending stock estimates to Consensus and updating latest consensus estimates in the financial model
- Tracking and interpreting sector news flows and analyzing the impact on the coverage as well as on the sector
- Gather, understand and analyze information using quantitative techniques or against established guidelines
- Incorporate multi-factor analysis into investment recommendations, with consideration of potential risks, return and catalysts related to individual companies and stocks
- Coordinate with other related functions in research setup like sales, IRC, editorial, SA, P&D to get the product to the finished stage
Company valuation and projections; contributing to research write-ups
- Valuation of the stocks under coverage and exercise judgment while applying relevant valuation techniques (DCF, relative valuation etc.)
- Making projections on financial statements (P&L, Balance sheet and Cash flow statements) using assumptions
- Independently building financial models from scratch and taking full ownership of the same
- Write earnings notes (preview/review) involving judgmental calls regarding impact on stock rating, price target/peer results and detailed research notes, initiating coverage notes, Q-Series and other thematic notes
- Writing larger portions of the report (60-80%) analyzing variables - economy, Industry, Peer groups etc.
- Working independently to analyze the impact of macro/micro factors on the company/sector
Shadow coverage/additional responsibilities
- Taking ownership (shadow coverage) of few of the stocks under the analyst’s/Team coverage
- Independently handle sector/new initiation coverage with minimal supervision including building the models, dealing with company management, financial analysis and projections, forecasting KGIs, preparing first draft of report etc.
- Contribute ideas to the team regularly including investment recommendations, price target/estimate changes
- Performs complex duties independently depending on client's needs and conducts research analysis involving frequent judgment calls
- Bachelors’ / Masters’ degree or international equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce or Accounting. CFA (Level 1, 2 or 3)/CPA certifications are a plus
- 1-3 years’ experience in equity research/analysis of publicly traded corporations, investment banking, management consulting, accounting or finance-related fields
- Prior knowledge/experience on Financial Services is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, modeling and charting
- Solid working understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong writing skills and the ability to write concisely and quickly
- Must be willing to work long hours as necessary to meet deadlines
- Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample or to create an Excel model to demonstrate their analytical skills and independent thinking
- Flexibility with regard to work timings
- Exposure to financial markets, market data systems, and banking reference data technologies and business terminology
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, especially with regards to process led products
- Strong sense of team spirit and delivery mindset
* Must US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
www.cognizant.com/careers / Job Number: 00022772561